We say good night to another excellent night of science at Casual Pint Hardin Valley! Check out our latest blog post to read all about it and plan which awesome event you want to attend tomorrow.
At Casual Pint, first we heard from Jonelle Basso, discussing marine viruses. Next, we heard from Michael Camponovo, who discussed geography and cartograph and introduced us to the Vine Middle Magnet Augmented Reality Sandbox. The venue was packed and everyone loved taking turns playing with the Sandbox and trying out the HoloLens.
We have now completed our first event of the 2017 Festival at Saw Works Brewing! Check out our latest blog post for a recap and information about upcoming events. Look for our events on social media using #tastesci.
FAQ for taste of science Knoxville events:
- All ages are welcome. However, we request that all attendees are respectful that people are there to listen and want to be able to hear.
- Non-alcoholic drinks will be available.
- Availability of food for each event is detailed in the event description.
- There is time between each speaker to refill drinks, grab food, make pitstops.
- Awesome prizes will be awarded trivia style.
- Each speaker will have 20-25 minutes to discuss their work followed by time for questions from the audience.
- This is an informal event with no PowerPoint slides! Speakers may bring props, pictures, guitars, etc. But all talks should be geared for a general audience. NO TECHNICAL JARGON!!
As we get closer to this year's festival, the search is on to find volunteers. Making the decision to volunteer your time can be difficult when you aren't sure what you are signing up for or what the necessary qualifications are. To aid in this decision, below is a description of some of the things volunteers can assist with.