Have you ever wondered why we lie or how to tell if someone is lying? If so, then come check out Science of Deception. Don't lie to yourself...you know you want to come!
- THIS EVENT IS HOSTED BY CARRIGAN'S PUBLIC HOUSE.
- DOORS OPEN AT 7:00PM AND THE EVENT STARTS AT 7:30PM.
- FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE.
- THIS IS A 21+ EVENT, SO LEAVE THE KIDS AT HOME.
- THE FIRST 20 GUESTS TO ARRIVE WILL RECEIVE A GIFT BAG ON BEHALF OF READCUBE AND VARIOUS UAB DEPARTMENTS.
- WE WILL ALSO HOLD A DECEPTION-THEMED TRIVIA COMPETITION FOR OTHER PRIZES INCLUDING A SNOOZY'S BOOKSTORE GIFT CARD.
Love & Lies: The Truth about Deception
talk by Dr. Steve McCornack, Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
talk by Dr. Timothy Levine, Distinguished Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication Studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
Reading the brain: Neuroscience approaches to detecting deception
talk by Dr. Dan Mirman, Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham